1. What is your dream career, and what path do you plan to take to get there? 2. Who do you aspire most to be like? 3. What do you like in a best friend? 4. Do you currently have any squishes (people you really want to be best friends with)? 5. What is your ideal platonic relationship? 6. Best late night IM conversation story. 7. List one person you’d like to wear the sweater of, one person you’d like to bake cookies with, and one person you’d like to drive around and get lost with. (can be celebrities or fictional characters, has to be three different people and not all the same person) 8. Describe your current best friend(s). 9. What is a strange, little-known fact about you? 10. What is a career you wanted to have when you were younger, and still kind of want to have now? 11. If you could have tea and pleasant conversation with one person, who would it be? 12. If you had a time machine, what era would you go to? 13. What celebrity or historical figure would you love to have as your best friend and why? 14. What fictional character would you love to have as your best friend and why? 15. If you could have one wish, what would it be? (cannot be related to romance or sex) 16. If you were trapped on a deserted island and could only take one item, what would it be? 17. If you could pick one career other than the one you are pursuing/plan to pursue, what would it be? 18. What is your best memory you have with a friend? 19. Do you have any peculiar interests that most people don’t know about? 20. What were your favourite childhood toys? Do you still have them? 21. Favourite baked good? 22. If your best friend were here right now, what would you do with them? (cannot list best friend as your romantic/sexual partner) 23. Who would you love to play video games with? 24. If you could visit any country, which one would it be? 25. Are there any friends you miss having around? 26. If you were trapped in a room with the person who asked this for 24 hours, what would you do? The answer cannot be romantic or sexual. 27. If you could learn any language instantly, what would it be? 28. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be? 29. Favourite song lyric? 30. Favourite album? 31. Which time of day would you say is best for you work-wise? 32. Favourite city that you’ve visited? 33. Favourite city that you haven’t visited? 34. If you could donate $10,000 to charity, what charity would you pick? 35. What is one book you wish you could get all your friends to read? 36. What is one movie you wish you could get all your friends to watch? 37. What do you think people assume about you from first glance? 38. If you could play any musical instrument, what would it be? 39. What is your favourite item of clothing? 40. Who was your first follower on tumblr? Do they still follow you? 41. If you could create one thing, what would it be? 42. Favourite superhero? 43. If you were to write an autobiography, what would you title it? 44. If you were to have a band, what would you call it? 45. What is your favourite card/board game? 46. What was the first IM service you used? Who was the first person you talked to on it? 47. If you could give a friendly hug to any one person, who would it be?Cannot be your romantic/sexual partner if you have one. 48. Have you ever won any sort of contests? What kind? 49. Who was the last person you hugged? Cannot be your romantic/sexual partner if you have one. 50. If you could be skilled in any one activity, what would it be? Cannot be romantic or sexual.
Parents drop off their kids at a center with a ton of other kids, and expect it to be picture perfect all the time.
As a daycare worker, you only get paid minimum wage, unless you have a degree. Now I’m not stupid enough to go get my degree in childcare so I can get paid $2.00/hour more than I would without a degree. My reasons being…
1. I absolutely fucking hate your kids. Sure there’s a few that are actually sweet and can make my day better, but let’s face it, THEY SUCK. They poop constantly, they can’t even chew with their mouths closed or play civilly, they are always dog piling, biting, scratching, screaming, crying, pulling hair, etc. According to the rules, WE AREN’T EVEN ALLOWED TO SAY “NO”. What in the actual fuck am I supposed to say to them? No is the only thing they know how to say!
2. I don’t love them, they are a different breed and cannot be trusted. If I don’t love something/someone, how can I care for it like I do? A teacher told me today, “You don’t have to love them, you just have to like them.” Well, I don’t like them, not even a little. It’s different when it’s your nieces, I love my nieces to death. They get on my nerves pretty bad, but it makes it easier because I love them so much.
3. Why would I want to spend the rest of my professional career raising other people’s kids? Sure, parents have to work and kids have to go somewhere. Well, how about for starters don’t pretend like you actually work twelve hours a day, every day. Yeah that’s right, I’m onto you. All of you parents that for some reason can’t pick up your kids from the time you drop them off at 6:30 am and are late picking them up at 6:00pm. Believe it or not, I have a life outside of work. I don’t stay at the daycare center at night and sing songs while I clean up after your monsters. I plan on having kids of my own someday, I KNOW that if I still worked with kids when I start shoving out my own, I will come home from work, and not like my kids because all I want to do is stop singing The Wheels On The Bus and talk to an adult.
4. I GET SICK EVERY OTHER WEEK. The amount of germs in a childcare setting are so horribly ridiculous, it’s disgusting. “Oh he has pink eye, bye!” UH YEAH OKAY THANKS. I cannot tell you how many times a kid has sneezed on me, wiped their runny nose/boogers on my clothes, coughed in my face, spit on me, thrown up on me, peed on me. It’s like, are you fucking kidding me? I do not have the patience for kids anymore. They all suck.
5. Don’t question me part 1: When your child is a total asshole and a bully for no reason, and I tell you how his day went when you arrive to pick him up, don’t question “well where were you, did you actually see him/her do this?” UH YEAH, I SEENT HIM.
When I tell you your child has a bite mark from another child, and I tell you all we did for him/her because of it, don’t ask me where I was when this happened, or why didn’t I stop it, there’s 10+ other two year olds running around the classroom okay, Believe it or not I DONT SEE EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS.
6. They don’t listen. They say no, and test me like it’s a game, and at the end of “5,4,3,2,1…” They know they’re getting a timeout. BUT THEY WON’T SIT DOWN. So I have to physically sit them down (nicely) and say “Hey ya know you gotta listen to your teacher, You can’t do that.” They get up, and go do it again. So when I tell you your kid had a good day, What I really mean is, He did good enough for me not to kill myself so it was a good day.
of not being able to sleep and resorting to tumblr, hot chocolate, and non stop music sessions full of Peggy Lee, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, Tony Bennett and Dean Martin. It’s just that kind of night.